Covid-19 vaccination update 12 March 2021
I am delighted to report that we have now managed to invite every patient who fall into Cohorts 1 – 6 and the uptake for the vaccine has been very encouraging. Data published by NHS England today shows that 613,879 vaccinations had been delivered across Sussex by Sunday 7 March.
We are aware that NHS England have been writing or emailing patients in cohorts 7 & 8 (all people age 60 or older and people over 55) inviting them to one of the mass vaccination centres. In addition, we as a practice are currently inviting patients in cohort 9 (people over 50) to attend our PCN vaccination site based in Crowborough.
In short, all patients aged over 50 should have received an invite from either us or NHS England. Our invites are to attend our PCN site in Crowborough and the NHSE invites are to attend one of the mass vaccination centres. Any patients who have received an invite through NHSE are welcome to book through our PCN site by calling the practice. However, if you have already booked an appointment through one of the other sites then you are unable to cancel and re-book through us.
Please be advised that we are currently waiting for advice from our PCN, CCG and NHSE regarding the 2nd vaccination programme, please do not call the practice for advice on this, we will contact all patients as we did with the 1st vaccine, either by phone or text message.
This programme has been a massive undertaking and I would like to pay thanks to my staff for their continuous hard work and support. In addition, we would like to like to thank our PCN vaccination site “Saxonbury House Surgery” in Crowborough for the incredible work they have put in ensuring our community are vaccinated.
NEW! COVID VACCINATIONS INVITATIONS
We are now sending invites from the surgery - If you have been sent a text to invite you for your COVID vaccination at Crowborough - please click on the link to book.
Venue and important Information:
- Venue address: Saxonbury House Surgery, Croft Road, Crowborough, TN6 1DL
- Do not book an appointment if you have had any other vaccination in the past 7 days
- Do not book an appointment if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 28 days
- Please DO NOT arrive early for your appointment, arrive at your given time or you may have to queue
- Park in Waitrose Car Park (FREE)
- Please DECLINE the appointment if you do not wish to be vaccinated or have already been vaccinated
- If for any reason you cannot attend the appointment, please contact us at Woodhill Surgery 01435 873000 so we can arrange an alternative appointment as and when one becomes available
- Wear short sleeves so the vaccinators can access your arm easily
- Be prepared to provide emergency contact details should you be asked